They also have services that will help you participate in decisions that affect you. These include services provided by the children`s lawyer`s office, as well as alternative dispute and complaint procedures. Link with Kin, Community – Culture: Maintaining links with family, community and culture is necessary for life planning and positive outcomes for youth. Cas of Toronto continues its efforts to address the disproportion and systemic inequalities that affect youth. We are committed to adopting safe cultural practices and supporting the removal of structural barriers that affect all marginalized youth. Assistance service agreements can last up to six months. Depending on the situation, you may be able to renew a support service contract. The EFP agreement defines the best way to meet your child`s needs, the services and supports your child may need, and the length of your child`s remaining with the assistant. Associations provide protection services to young people to protect them and support their families.

In the service plan, you agree that your family will work with CAS to help you take care of your child. For example, you may agree: if you receive services from a company, you should wait for help to identify and develop relationships that you feel are important and beneficial to you and that you want to maintain throughout your life. Services are focused to help you stay in touch with your family, no matter what it means to you, your community and culture. You should have access to services and materials that respect your culture, as well as programs that will help you develop personally. The OCL has lawyers across Ontario who represent children and youth in court cases. The role of ocL counsel is to independently represent the views and interests of young people. The lawyer informs young people about the process, advises on available options and advocates for youth in court and other trials, for example. B in out-of-court dispute settlement, complaint procedures on services received by a company and also provides lawyers to parents under the age of 18.

We understand that reporting child abuse is a stressful decision that is made in a thoughtful way. While reporting of suspected child abuse and neglect is discretionary for this age group, we strongly advise you to do so and let CAS assess the risk and make decisions about the need for a service. In this way, we can work together to ensure that those in need of child protection services benefit from it. If you are in crisis and cannot keep your child at home for a short period of time, you can enter into a voluntary foster care agreement to put your child in care. For example, if you are single and need to go to the hospital or treatment program, you may require that your child need care until you return. At other times, only your child enters into an agreement with CAS. This means that they sign, not you, the collaboration agreement with CAS. This type of agreement is called the Voluntary Youth Assistance Agreement (VYSA).

You can often conclude these agreements through collaborative planning and decision-making. Companies start their work when they receive a request or recommendation for the service. The request may come from someone in the community who cares about your safety. You can also apply on your behalf. You may be concerned about the impact on your relationship with your family if you are the one making the report.

Close Menu